Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restart or reinstall notes?

Since running OS 10.8.2 I've noticed my notes were doubled up. I tried deleting one of the iCloud accounts but now it doesn't respond at all. I have turned notes off in the iCloud settings but I can not get notes to run now without crashing. Is there a way I can delete and reinstall so my notes will come back down from iCloud?

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 10:00 AM

13 replies

Oct 2, 2012 3:14 PM in response to Gavstar

Update: I tried the recommended procedure above myself (to reiterate, number 3 was replaced with macjack's recommendation) and it fixed a problem I've had for several weeks with Notes; namely, my iCloud account was duplicated. It wasn't a crippling problem, just a bit ugly. Anyway, the cleanup fixed it and my Notes works flawlessly now.

So, thank you macjack, and Gavstar, I can vouch for the worthiness of the process.

Oct 2, 2012 2:38 PM in response to Gavstar

I found the following on another discussion. It includes macjack's suggestion, as well as clearing cache. I think the suggestion number 3 below is not quite correct, and macjack's suggestion should be taken instead:

Now we are going to fix the duplicating notes issue. I found this solution on another thread(https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4137558?start=0&tstart=0). This person actually called Apple and was told to follow these steps:

1. Click on mac HD/ library /caches. drag all the contents in the folder to the trash
  2. Click on the finder click go, hold the option key and click on libraries (will not appear if you don't hold the option key). go to the caches folder again and again drag everything in the folder to the trash.
  3. Click on the finder click go, hold the option key and click on containers. Drag com.apple.notes to the trash
  4. Restart your computer.
  5. Empty trash.
  6. Try to open notes again.

How do I restart or reinstall notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.