Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it a bad update on my phone or is the new itunes match horrible?

I have the updated itunes 10.7 and the new iOS 6 update on my iphone 4G. I can no longer download an individual song from icloud. I have to begin downloading the entire album, then I have to hurry through and stop all the songs that I don't want downloaded. There is no cloud next to the individual song. The only cloud icon is at the top and bottom of the albums. Swiping my finger does not give me any options anymore either. Also, I can no longer delete individual songs from the harddrive of my phone. The older version of itunes match allowed me to swipe my finger across the song and I had an option to delete the song. The new software does not offer me anything when I swipe now. So essentially I have to delete entire albums again. This is a horrible hassle. Is this problem just with me or is it the software update?

As a side bar, the new iOS 6 update did not install youtube on my phone. I had to go to the app store to add the icon but I'm not necessarily concerned with a change like that unless its indicative of a larger installation problem.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 9:50 AM

1 reply

Oct 2, 2012 10:41 AM in response to ericmc2009

ericmc2009 wrote:

As a side bar, the new iOS 6 update did not install youtube on my phone. I had to go to the app store to add the icon but I'm not necessarily concerned with a change like that unless its indicative of a larger installation problem.

As of iOS 6 Apple no longer provides a built-in YouTube app. The official app is now the once availale from the App Store, which you've already downloaded.

ericmc2009 wrote:

I have the updated itunes 10.7 and the new iOS 6 update on my iphone 4G. I can no longer download an individual song from icloud. I have to begin downloading the entire album, then I have to hurry through and stop all the songs that I don't want downloaded. There is no cloud next to the individual song. The only cloud icon is at the top and bottom of the albums. Swiping my finger does not give me any options anymore either. Also, I can no longer delete individual songs from the harddrive of my phone. The older version of itunes match allowed me to swipe my finger across the song and I had an option to delete the song. The new software does not offer me anything when I swipe now. So essentially I have to delete entire albums again. This is a horrible hassle. Is this problem just with me or is it the software update?

In iOS 6 Apple made major changes to iTunes Match functionality. You are not the only one to notice.

Is it a bad update on my phone or is the new itunes match horrible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.