Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing 9x6 (152mm x 229mm) envelopes in Pages

I am attempting to print 9" x 6" envelopes in Pages. The problem I have encountered is because of the abilities of my printer, the envelopes have to be fed with the 6" edge first. However, that is the way I have to feed regular business letter sized envelopes, also. For whatever reason, regardless how it looks on the screen, and regardless what settings I try in the inspector or the printer's dialog box, I can't get the return address and mailing address to come out in the right place in the right orientation. Any suggestions anyone could make would be greatly appreciated.

If it matters, I am trying to print a large number of envelopes using mail merge. The merge works fine, but I can't get the envelope template that I created to print correctly.

Also if it matters, the printer is a Brother MFC J430W.

Many thanks,

Mark3316

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 11:30 AM

Menu > File > Page Setup… > Manage Custom Sizes (bottom of list) > + > give it name > Paper Size: 9" / 6" > Non-Printable Area 0/0/0/0 > OK > chose the custom size > Orientation: landscape button > OK

There can be slippage in a printer so allow extra space around in your Page document.

Peter

2 replies

Printing 9x6 (152mm x 229mm) envelopes in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.