Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Timeline won't play

I hope this is just me ignoring an easy solution, but my timeline isn't playing. When I place my marked in/out clips onto it then press the space bar or "play" button on the screen, it plays the original clip I got it from instead of the clips on the timeline. When I first opened up the program it was working, but after trying to add a title and dinking around, the timeline won't come up on the screen and play so I can see my edited clips together. Even though I didn't see the orange "render" bar on the timeline, I tried to render it thinking maybe it was effecting my playback, but that didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

-Maggie

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 3:03 PM

11 replies

Oct 2, 2012 4:58 PM in response to James Cude

First: I really appreciate your help. But, I tried creating a new project and that didn't do anything. Since I imported the files to Final Cut Pro X from My Book (filming onto a P2 card which gave MXF files), I went to the Event Library and clicked on the files so I could try and render them at the source. I've been scrolling through the other forums and haven't found much that would help.

Also, "playing from the right spot?" I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that.

Oct 24, 2013 3:38 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

I'm working on a 2011 iMac with Lion (10.7.5) in FCPX v10.0.9.

Problem: When I try to play the timeline, it plays the same clip from the event. The whole clip plays, not the selection that is in the timeline or any edit points that have been made.

The only temporary solution I've found is to close and reopen FCPX. I haven't noticed that the problem occurs after doing anything specific and it doesn't happen consistently. I had this problem a while ago and then it happened every time I tried to work on a project today (different projects).

Timeline won't play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.