Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Asks, "Which mother?"

I am using the unified contacts in iOS 6, with Facebook and iCloud contacts.

When I ask Siri to call my mother, she asks, "Which mother: Jane Doe or Jane Louise Doe?". They are the same person and one unified contact. Jane Doe is the iCloud contact name and Jane Louise Doe is the Facebook contact name. It was actually working properly until yesterday, and I do not know what changed.

Other than remove the Facebook integration with my iOS contacts, how can I fix this?

Thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 6, Verizon, 64 GB

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 5:55 PM

7 replies

Oct 2, 2012 6:15 PM in response to R. Watson

Sadly, my dad had the same problem. He contacted Apple and there is no way to remove the Facebook integration once it has happened. Check if your contacts have mistakenly doubled, and then delete the duplicates manually. The other problem may be a nickname under your mother's contact info. Get rid of the nickname, or Facebook tag and see if that helps.

Oct 21, 2012 10:43 AM in response to R. Watson

I said " 'First Middle Last' is my mother."

Siri said "I don't know what you mean by "First Middle Last" is my mother." How about a web search for it?

so then I just said " 'First Last' is my mother."

Siri said "OK, but I already know that "FIRST MIDDLE LAST" is your mother."

What the heck?!

There is only ONE entry for mom's name: FIRST MIDDLE LAST (all three)

Oct 22, 2012 8:59 AM in response to R. Watson

VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION! I FIGURED IT OUT FINALLY! Go into *your* contact card. YOUR NAME. Under "EDIT", you will see the list of family members and what member they are (Sister, Mother, Father, and in my case, Mother AGAIN) Yes, there were 2 mother entries. One for my mom with her first and last name, and one for my mom with her first, MIDDLE, and last name. Just delete the one you don't want. Forget about all the other suggestions, because none of them worked for me. I even talked to tech support with sprint and they didn't even solve the problem. LOL Very simple solution. I was telling Siri to forget who my mother was, and she was saying she didn't understand my question and stuff. It's so funny now since the solution turned out to be a no-brainer. Enjoy 🙂

Siri Asks, "Which mother?"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.