Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with Safari 6.0.1 on OS 10.7.5

I'm having massive freezing problems with Safari 6.0.1 freezing up on me in the last 10 days or so. I'm running OS 10.7.5 on 27" iMac Intel circa mid 2011. Any help appreciated.

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 5:43 PM

7 replies

Nov 4, 2012 12:43 PM in response to nikonvscanon

Okay. At the beginning of this discussion I was on 6.0.1. However, I responded to an update since then and since I didn't realize 6.0.2 wasn't compatible with Lion I responded and updated.

Now, with your message, a clean 6.0.1 installation sounds like a great idea. However, I've downloaded it from your link and when I install just from the install program, I still have an "About Safari" showing 6.0.2. I then tried setting up a separate Safari folder in the Applications folder and installed into that. I only got some Safari-associated folders and items there but no new Safari app icon... and the Safari 6.0.2 icon (which I hadn't gotten rid of since I don't want to lose my bookmarks, etc... want to transfer those once the 6.0.1 is there) is still there.

All the hanging-up problems are still happening, btw... and probably even worse. Right now I'm using Camino, a good browser but Safari has features I'd like to get back to... got Firefox, too, and like it, but I've got it set up for other family members to use and Safari here for me.

Any help on how to get 6.0.1 installed again without losing bookmarks greatly appreciated.

Nov 5, 2012 3:31 AM in response to dorothyfromchico

Must confess my Safari browser is totally broken. I accidentally upgraded from 6.0.1 to 6.0.2.

I tried reinstalling 6.0.1 but broken 6.0.2 wouldnt allow the installation of 6.0.1

I deleted the broken 6.0.2 (resetting Permissions in Get info to Read&Write).

I tried reinstalling 6.0.1 but it refused to run up and gave me a crash dialog box every time.

I deleted 6.0.1 and installed 6.0.0 for Lion but it also refuses to run and also gives me a crash dialoge box every time.

I installed Google Chrome.

On 1st launch it asks "do you wish to import all your Bookmarks from Safari"

Safari is seriously broken / unfixable but at least Chrome has all my latest bookmarks.

My 5 year old Black MacBook cannot be upgraded to Mountain Lion.

So Any help on how to get 6.0.1 installed and working would also be greatly appreciated.

problems with Safari 6.0.1 on OS 10.7.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.