Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i download pictures from my camera to my MacPro?

How do I download pictures from my camera to my MacPro?

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 5:57 PM

4 replies

Oct 2, 2012 6:23 PM in response to Wolfbusta

And if for some strange reason your camera does not have a USB cable, then it most likely has an SD card or FlashCard in the camera you can remove, and insert into a reader (recent Macs include an SD card slot, but I do not think the current MacPros have an SD card reader, but you can buy card readers).

However, I strongly think stevenfrmbrownsburg is correct about your camera supporting a USB connector you can use to connect your camera to your Mac via a USB cable.

Oct 2, 2012 8:02 PM in response to Wolfbusta

Some cameras require you to put them into a certain mode to transfer pictures. You'll have to look at the manual to find out if this is required. Once you have done that, you have to decide what you want to do with the pictures.

Where do you want to keep them?

iPhoto?

Open iPhoto (if it doesn't open automatically).

With a camer or photo card inserted, it should open the Import function.

You can either import all or just some by selecting them.

See the videos on iPhoto here: http://support.apple.com/videos/#iphoto

and this one in particular: iPhoto '11: Import Photos From a Digital Camera

You can set up iPhoto to automatically open when you connect your camera.

Open the iPhoto Preferences (iPhoto menu or cmd-, )

Select an option from the "Connecting camera opens:" popup menu.

User uploaded file

If you don't want to use iPhoto, you can use Image Capture to move them to a folder on your Mac.

Here's a podcast that describes how to use it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_d7xB1mF2o

That video also describes how to access the camera photo card directly if you use a card reader (either external or the built-in SD card reader).

How do i download pictures from my camera to my MacPro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.