Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Glitch

I have been experiencing a problem with the airport connectivity on my MacBook Pro for some time now. It seems to only happen when I am at home, or somones house, and using home Wifi. I will be browsing, the speed is good, everything checks out, and then all of the sudden my safari will just stop loading pages. When this happen, my taskbar shows that I have full connection with the wireless network. The blue load bar where the html address is written will go to about 1/8 of the way, then just stop. In order to fix this, I have to quit Safari, turn AirPort off and back on, and then my browser will work. However, it won't be long until the same problem happens again.

If anyone has an answer for this, please let me know.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 6:48 PM

1 reply

Oct 2, 2012 7:01 PM in response to jszakacs

You are picking up wireless interference from another source. Trying to figure out the actual source of the problem will be the hard part.

The possibilities are almost endless including cordless phones, baby monitors, nearby wireless networks, security systems, satellite receivers, amplifiers, microwave ovens, a television monitor and list goes on and on.

See this Apple support document for more information and some tips on trying different WIFi channels:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1365

Airport Glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.