Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is ios really better than android?

I currently have an android, and I really want to buy an iphone but there is an overwhelming response on the internet that android is better. Considering I have a very old android phone, I dont really know what the newer android phones really have that makes them so much better than the iphone. I still think I am going to buy an iphone but I am worried? Can anyone make me feel better about my decision?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 6:36 PM

11 replies

Oct 2, 2012 6:40 PM in response to rockfreak333

I have had each iPhone since the original (skipped the iPhone 3G), and iOS works great. But I would look less at the software and more at the hardware. The 4-inch screen in the latest iPhone 5 makes it more competitive with other larger phones. It also has LTE as many Android phones have. Now coming down to software, that's all about opinion is to A vs. B. I can find as many opinions in favor of iOS as I can about Android. I don't really like Android, but that's just me. The iPhone has ranked #1 in some categories such as user-friendliness. Hope you enjoy your iPhone 🙂.

Oct 2, 2012 6:56 PM in response to rockfreak333

No one is trolling you rockfreak.

As this is a technical support forum your posting wasn't exactly appropriate. Nor is it really answerable. No one here can know what you might like best. You really should do as I suggested and go to an Apple store and try out the phone there. You'll get a better feel for how you like the size, the feel, the look, etc.

Best of luck on whatever platform you choose!

GDG

Oct 2, 2012 7:05 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

My dilemma is this, I have a pioneer stereo that can use the function of the iphone on the screen like navigation etc. The iphone 5 will not work with it currently because there is no cord, and the adapter doesnt support ipod out or video out. I was thinking of getting an iphone 4s for a year so to wait for apple and pioneer to get everything ready, as well as accessories for the iphone 5. I dont see the next iphone changing all that dramatically it terms of size so it should be ok. Going down to a smaller screen however is one of the things that are putting me off.

is ios really better than android?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.