Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it worth SL -> ML to upgrade 9.0.4 to 9.0.8?

Is there a place that lists all fixes and new features when going from 9.0.4 to 9.0.8?

I currently have SL 10.6.8. I have problems with iMovie, as those of you who have read my posts know. Some are due to the unavoidable frame-rate mismatch when working with 18 fps Super 8 footage. So has anything even been fixed or added? I have little other reason to upgrade to Mountain Lion.

Problems:

o stuttering transistions preview

o keywords don't work

o thumbnails of a split clip usually show 8 or 9 frames back instead of the first frame of the footage for that thumbnail

- bad for me as I'm using Super 8 transfers and my original clips are about 1 hour long each!

o audio skimming simply dies after a while and can be resurrected only by a restart of the app

o manual fade-in times don't work right. You get fade-in for the first half of the title clip and fade-out for the second.

o bottom strip of precision editor usually shows completely different footage

o changing the time scale or icon size loses your place in the project browser; i.e., the current spot goes "off screen"

o playhead info bubble dies after 10 seconds. I guess I need Final Cut for its equivalent function

o when you select some footage in the project browser and run "reveal in event browser", you get the footage in the event browser marked but lose the seclection border in the project browser. Why not just turn it gray?

OK, that's complete or pretty close.

AEF

20, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 7:09 PM

There are no replies.

Is it worth SL -> ML to upgrade 9.0.4 to 9.0.8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.