Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

birthday's won't display in iCal

Hi,

I recently had an iCloud disaster and had to restore my iCal calendars from an old time machine back-up. I did this successfully and got all my calendar events back. However, after the restore, the "birthdays" calendar/subscription was deleted and when I go to preferences (in iCal), the box which says "show birthdays calendar" is checked but GREYED out! What is wrong! Why can I not get this back?

Alanah

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 12:39 AM

Found the answer myself!

Refresh the iCal plist file:

The com.apple.iCal.plist file is in your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder.

To get to the Library folder use Finder > Go (while depressing the "Option" key) > and select LIbrary.

Quit iCal.

Drag the iCal.plist file to your Desktop.

Then log out/in or restart iCal.

Now go back to iCal preferences and they have been refreshed - the birthday check box is now available.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2012 12:39 AM in response to alanahfromnsw

Found the answer myself!

Refresh the iCal plist file:

The com.apple.iCal.plist file is in your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder.

To get to the Library folder use Finder > Go (while depressing the "Option" key) > and select LIbrary.

Quit iCal.

Drag the iCal.plist file to your Desktop.

Then log out/in or restart iCal.

Now go back to iCal preferences and they have been refreshed - the birthday check box is now available.

birthday's won't display in iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.