Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Change My Font in Message App

I'm just getting started using the new Message App in Mountain Lion. I like the ability to send and receive text messages on my mac instead of iphone. However, I cannot get the preference settings to change my own font. I can change the font for my recicipients but not my own.

It seems to let me change it and displays the new font in the pref setting window but the font does not change in the messaging process. It remains Helvetica 10 or 12, too small for me. All input on this appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 8 Gigs RAM

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 11:46 PM

5 replies

Nov 14, 2012 1:44 PM in response to bweinste

Hi all,

That is strange as I was testing this fro another thread (About over sized Lines but normal Text size)

I found that Messages > Preferences > Messages should the Upsize change I made straight away but not the downsize change - until, as you say you left the Messages pane and then come back to it.

However now I have doubled checked and all changes are only reflected in demonstration if you leave the pane and come back

The Size and Font Name are displayed instantly.

What does resize automatically is the text entry box in the Messages Chat window whether you are increase the size or decreasing it.

You are also correct in that the Incoming Override displays properly (and Instantly)

User uploaded file
9:44 PM Wednesday; November 14, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Cannot Change My Font in Message App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.