Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS6 cannot transfer large video to Windows XP

I took a 5 minute vidoe on my iPhone 5 and it errors out trying to transfer it to Windows. And of course it is too large to email. Does anyone know about this bug yet?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 6:53 AM

I do not think this is a bug. Just due to the large file size of the 1080P videos.

Windows XP cannot import video files larger than 500 MB using Camera and Scanner Wizard. You can transfer these files directly from your device by selecting them in My Computer and dragging or copying the movie files to your computer's hard drive.

Above from:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2012 6:53 AM in response to holdrege

I do not think this is a bug. Just due to the large file size of the 1080P videos.

Windows XP cannot import video files larger than 500 MB using Camera and Scanner Wizard. You can transfer these files directly from your device by selecting them in My Computer and dragging or copying the movie files to your computer's hard drive.

Above from:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

Oct 3, 2012 7:17 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks, but...

First of all thanks for finding that little mention about 500mb that I missed on the first read (shame on me). The file is 662MB.

However even trying the drag and drop method the file will not transfer. It begins the transfer, creates the file on the target drive, then just stops and the file size is zero. The file plays fine on my iPhone 5, so I don't think there is anything wrong with the file.

Maybe this is a "feature" of the lightening cable?

I'll try to find a Mac to see if it will work.

IOS6 cannot transfer large video to Windows XP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.