Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't my business show up on iPhone Maps after upgrading to iOS6?

Our business shows up correctly with Google Maps, but after upgrading to iOS6, the Maps App doesn't show our business at all.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 6:20 AM

7 replies

Jan 19, 2017 4:35 AM in response to exMacEmp

Oh dear....you do realise it's been three and a half years don't you? The church in question is on Maps, as you could have checked for yourself before posting such an inane conspiracy theory. Did a quick check of my own locality and guess what - every local church I could think of is listed. You appear to have written a "post-fact" post.

Nov 20, 2012 8:15 AM in response to varjak paw

Just to give you an update.

We've reported the missing information via the 'Report a Problem' link on Apple Maps no less than 10 times over the last 7 weeks. We have created a Yelp listing. We've verified and claimed our listing with Localeze, mybuisinesslistingmanager, and others. And we are still not listed on Apple Maps. Any ideas?

Nov 20, 2012 8:57 AM in response to jcabiro

You've done all you can, I think. It's irritating, I know, but you'll probably just have to wait. It's a long process to get tens or hundreds of thousands of businesses and organizations all registered correctly. Google's Maps took a long time to build up as well, and it's far from completely accurate even now even though they started a long time ago.

Regards.

Dec 5, 2012 10:38 AM in response to jcabiro

Jcabiro,

According to my sources, Apple only updates its business listing index about once per month. And before an individual listing gets updated, it needs to get verified that the information is accurate. My understanding is that Apple doles the verification process out to various data vendors based on the category of the listing. So that means that the process is something like this:

1. Report a Problem submission

2. Add the submission to the batch of recent submissions and categorize update request

3. Send batch to outside vendor for verification

4. Vendor receives batch and queues it for verfication

5. Vendor verifies listing info and places into batch for submission to Apple

6. Vendor submits verfied batch to Apple

7. Apple matches up the verified data with data from other vendors (meaning sometimes the updated data gets over-written by another data vendor Apple trusts more)

8. Apple updates its listing index and (hopefully) the updated data gets pushed live

If I have come even close to accurately describing the process, as you can see before Apple pushes the update live, it could take several weeks just to make it through the verification system. And if a verified update is sent to Apple a minute after the latest index update, then it could take an additional 30 days for it to go live.

I am sure Apple is working on ways to speed up this process, but it's likely a hugely complex system that is not easily updated.

Jul 2, 2013 12:42 PM in response to andrewsho

Andrewsho.

That's all well and good, but here it is seven months later, and we're still not listed. Is there any info from Apple on this? When you click Report a Problem there's no verification, no reply from Apple. How are we to know that Apple is receiving our Problem Reports and is trying to reslove the issue?

To give you some background...we are a church with approximately 2000 members. We've been at this location since August of 2005. We also host regional conferences and open our facility to other organizations such as our local public school district. It's frustrating that anyone with an iPhone has to have the Google Maps app installed to find us instead of using Apple's native Maps App.

FYI Here's our listing on google maps: https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=vineyard+church+of+new+orleans&fb=1&gl=u s&hq=vineyard+church+of+new+orleans&hnear=vineyard+church+of+new+orleans&cid=0,0 ,3441219641153298968&ei=-irTUc3JN4fvygHorYCYAg&ved=0CJQBEPwSMAA

Any info at all is very much appreciated.

thanks!

Why doesn't my business show up on iPhone Maps after upgrading to iOS6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.