Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slide show - how to make music sound continuously ? (loop or next track)

I would like to ask how to set a slide show that the music plays continuously during the whole slide show - either one piece played again and again or next piece starts (within a folder of songs). So far the piece of music lasts some time (3 minutes for example) and then the music stops - and slide show continues without music

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 6:45 AM

9 replies

Oct 4, 2012 4:53 AM in response to savita88

I tried it now ... Even when I set "loop" and select the music, the music does not play at all - I have to manually drag the file in the slide strip. But then it just stops at its end and does not continue, unless you drag it (or something else) there again. But then then option "play music track as a loop" does not make sense ?

Oct 4, 2012 5:20 AM in response to savita88

Savita,

did you add the loop as a main audio track? Dragged it between the images in the time line, not onto an image? The main audio track will fill the whole background, as Frank has shown in his screen shot. If you only see a thin green bar, then you have a secondary audio file, and that will not loop.

Regards

Léonie

Slide show - how to make music sound continuously ? (loop or next track)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.