Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 preorder finally arrived from ups today...only to find an empty iPhone box!

After waiting weeks for my "preorder" I was excited to get my new iPhone 5. Opened the outer box to find that the iPhone box was already opened. Charger, headphones, and nothing more. I guess I should have just waited and gone in a store and picked one up. I've not had any previous trouble with apple orders, let's hope they make good on this debacle. Anyone else have the misfortune? I'm in Indianapolis and was wondwring if there was anyone else nearby with the same problem. Apple is currently investigating. I'll check back with how they handle it.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 7:48 AM

1 reply

Oct 3, 2012 7:04 PM in response to Gverp

My iPhone 5 was "delivered" Friday 9/28. Wife signed for box and commented on how light the box was. The shipping box was sealed and did not appear to be tampered with. I opened the shipping box and found no phone inside; a brown UPS wool cap was placed there instead. Too many issues with stolen items/packages from UPS and this just adds to the list of crappy service from them. I filed a police report and a claim with Apple. Apple has shipped another phone; still awaiting delivery (still in China waiting to ship via plane per UPS tracking). When the replacement hopefully arrives, I will be opening the shipping package and also the phone box to verify the phone is present and the serial numbers listed on Apples support page (under my login) matches.

Apple should be packaging these phones more discreetly and in better packaging with possible tamper evident tape to help possibly prevent removal from shipping boxes.

My iPhone 5 preorder finally arrived from ups today...only to find an empty iPhone box!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.