Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does Bounce In Place move my audio?

I noticed in a session yesterday that when I performed a BIP that it moved the entire audio file it created from the bounce about a half second BACKWARDS in the mix. The new track was not time aligned with the temp or other tracks anymore. I deleted it and did the BIP again, but this time chose bounce to a new track and the same thing resulted. I zoomed into both tracks and could see that the new track from the bounce was about a half second backwards from the first.

Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something here?

Thanks for your time.

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 7:58 AM

2 replies

Oct 11, 2012 10:32 PM in response to brian_ellefson

This really is a huge disgrace for Apple, I just have noticed the same behavior in all of my recent projects! Did you also have phase shift when doing a BIP. Try bouncing a sine and see the result.

The humiliation was complete when collegues, who are ProTools fanatics of the worst kind, witnessed my discovery. And now again, for month, I will have to technically justify each project I do in Logic.

This just ruined my entire week.

Thanks for posting this, I'm still thinking of some decent workaround for this mess.

Have a nice day!

Oct 15, 2012 10:51 PM in response to kcstudio

After a few days of rest I was tackling my bounce dilemma with a fresh mind. I did some more testing and found that I was unable to reproduce the problem however hard I tried. I'm still holding on to the evidence projects where one clearly can witness that BIP did move the audio backwards. The problem was there I'm sure and I don't know what to think of this.

There was a minor system update a few days ago maybe that fixed it? I can't think of anything else and I'm baffled to say the least.

Anybody else?

why does Bounce In Place move my audio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.