Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had to switch my Ipod to an older model and now it won't load all my ITunes songs. Any advice?

I had to switch to an older Ipod (4th generation nano) since my current IPod was stolen. When I connected to ITunes some of my currently purchased songs are not downloading into the older IPod. ITunes is recognizing the older IPod, but not transferring all songs. Any advice?

iPod nano

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 7:44 AM

9 replies

Oct 3, 2012 9:11 AM in response to baxterman0929

Try these steps listed below.

1. Run “c:\WINDOWS\system32\devmgmt.msc” (i.e. *Device Manager*), and leave it open for now for later use

2. Start up iTunes

3. Next, connect your iPod.

4. Go to your iPod Settings and select the “Enable disk use” option from under theSummary tab.

5. A dialog box will pop up reminding you that you’ll need to manually eject. Go ahead and hit OK

6. Hit Apply to save changes to the iPod

7. Quickly switch to the Device Manager window and right-click on any item within the window and select “Scan for hardware changes”

8. Finally, switch back to iTunes, and try re-syncing your iPod to see if it helped.

B-rock

I had to switch my Ipod to an older model and now it won't load all my ITunes songs. Any advice?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.