Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2s in Ecuador

I have 2 iPad2s tied to the Verizon network and plan a move to Ecuador. Can I "transfer" the cell provider to an Ecuador cell system using my existing iPads or do I need to buy a new iPad purchased in Ecuador? The same question applies to my iPhones (4s).

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 8:27 AM

1 reply

Oct 3, 2012 9:31 AM in response to Desert Rat AZ

Sell your iPads and buy new ones. A Verizon-model iPad 2 can be used only with Verizon or one of their international roaming partners. An Verizon-model iPhone 4S can have the GSM slot unlocked by Verizon for use with non-US carriers, but you'll have to call them. Note, though, that with the iPhone, they could only be serviced in the US should service be required, so again you may wish to sell them before you leave the US.

Regards.

iPad 2s in Ecuador

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.