Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri counting All Day appointments as Overlapping Appointments

Hello... I'm trying to use Siri to set appointments in my calendar, however whenever I do that Siri asks me if I'm sure I want to make the appointment because I have XX number of overlapping appointments. I have checked the timeslot in my calendar and it definitely is free.

After doing some digging, I have determined that Siri must be taking issue with my All Day appointments. I have a few calendars that contain all day appointments such as reminders for various events like birthdays, anniverseraries, conferences and other important dates. Some of these calendars are created by me and some are subscribed. For the ones that are created by me, I have gone into the Get Info screen of the calendar in iCal on my Mac and made sure to uncheck the "Events Affect Avilability" box. Still Siri complains about those All Day appointments overlapping the new ones I'm trying to create. For the calendars that are subscribed (including the built in Birthday's from Contacts calendar and iOS 6's Facebook Events and Birthdays calendars) there is no option to uncheck that box.

I've tested it out and counted all the All Day appointments and then had Siri create an appintment for that same day and the number of appointments that Siri complains about overlapping matches exactly with the number of All Day appointments on that day. Turning off a calendar's visibility doesn't seem to affect it. Even the the calendar's appintments aren't showing up in iCal on my iPhone, Siri still counts them as overlapping which is even worse UX because when I look at the calendar, there is absolutely nothing that looks to be conflicting.

This is making my scheduling through Siri a lot more difficult and useless for checking on appointment conflicts/double-booking.

Anybody else having this? What do I do about it? Is this a bug? If so, how do I report it?

Thanks,

Aslam

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 8:38 AM

There are no replies.

Siri counting All Day appointments as Overlapping Appointments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.