Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long does backing up usually take?

Hello, it's my first time backing up my iphone. I have 1.57GB Free space on a 13.75GB. It's an iphone4.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 9:02 AM

Should take approximately 15-20 mins depending on your wifi or internet connection speed.

6 replies

Oct 3, 2012 9:15 AM in response to MsKittyTalks

Depends whether you backup to iCloud or to iTunes. Backing up that amount of data to iTunes usually takes about a couple of minutes or so..depending on the speed of your computer.

Backing up via iCloud would depend on the speed of your internet connection. And might take longer that backing up to the computer.

In the end it is all relative.

Oct 3, 2012 9:08 AM in response to MsKittyTalks

Disregard what Chris has told you. He's reffering to how long an update should take. It will all depend on your computers processing speed. Could take an hour depending on what is stored to the phone. If you have very few Apps, but have 2000 photos, it could take longer cause each file, or photoe is individually sent. If you have recordings, whether video or voice, those also take a bit longer, in some cases as long as the recording itself. But generally speaking if you back up often, as you should at least once a week, it should run for about 3-7 minutes.

How long does backing up usually take?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.