Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to remove a dropped pin in maps

How do you remove a "dropped pin" in Maps in iPhone 4s iOS 6??

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 12:50 PM

Yes I had the same problem on the iPad with the new Apple Maps.

I have found that pins dropped by holding your finger on the map can be removed by the method described by the previous answer (from the Inofo panel) but pins that have been dropped by searches cannot be removed this way. To remove these pins clck on the search field and then in the top left corner of the 'Recents' list you will see 'Clear'. When you click on this you can clear all recent searches and all the drop pins associated with these searches should be cleard too. Trouble is it only 'clears all' you cannot 'swipe' to delete one at a time or 'Edit' the list.

Hope this helps.

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2012 12:50 PM in response to SAS11319

Yes I had the same problem on the iPad with the new Apple Maps.

I have found that pins dropped by holding your finger on the map can be removed by the method described by the previous answer (from the Inofo panel) but pins that have been dropped by searches cannot be removed this way. To remove these pins clck on the search field and then in the top left corner of the 'Recents' list you will see 'Clear'. When you click on this you can clear all recent searches and all the drop pins associated with these searches should be cleard too. Trouble is it only 'clears all' you cannot 'swipe' to delete one at a time or 'Edit' the list.

Hope this helps.

Oct 30, 2012 10:39 PM in response to rob stacey

Found it. This works for the iPhone 5, iOS 6. Open maps. Select the contact (open book) icon right upper corner in the main / search screen. Next screen has choice of bookmarks, recents or contacts across the bottom. Bookmarks and Recents give you a choice to clear (button left upper corner). You can clear all or cancel. This finally worked for me.

This is so hidden, you'd think it came from Microsoft!

Thanks

Oct 3, 2012 10:35 AM in response to anilsudhakaran

Thank you for responding!

Did that, there is no option/cell/button to remove the pin after getting to the "location" screen by tapping the blue arrow. That worked in iOS 5 but isn't there in iOS 6. This is a red pin resulting from an address search, does that make a difference? Pin was dropped accidentally and now appears to be permanent. Aarrgh!

Jan 6, 2014 7:48 AM in response to SAS11319

yes! it's possible to remove dropped pin on ios 6 and 7. first, click on the pin that you want to delete, then on the center top of the screen you'll see a box containing the pin's adress and a small 'x' button next to it. just simply click the small 'x' button and tadaaa your annoying red pin finally disappear!:D I'm sorry if my words are confusing cuz I'm still learning^^ I hope this is helpful!

Sep 13, 2014 7:02 AM in response to RPDunn

IiPhone 4, ios 7.1.2. I find if I tap-and-hold, it will drop a pin...

...then tap on "Dropped Pin", and tap blue star to save location. OR...

You can tap (elsewhere on map), and the PIN WILL GO AWAY. At least, it does for me... Sometimes I have to tap 3 times fast (not on pin).

You can unsave a location... Tap on gold star, drop pin shows, tap "Dropped Pin" for info menu and tap gold star there to make it blue again.

IF if you can tell by lat/long, just tap the person icon to right side of Search bar, tap lat/long, tap "Dropped Pin", tap gold star to turn blue.

how to remove a dropped pin in maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.