Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

eMac doesn't respond on name and password.

Hi,

Some specs first: eMac, 2003, 10.4.11, 1Gb 700MHz. PPC G4

Running this eMac for years today something very strange happened. Starting up, the Inlog screen asked me for my name and password. Didn't accept. Tried System Administrator plus password, myself: No.

Had to reset password. Started up Installer disc and choose Reset Password as well for myself as Sys-Adm. I did this procedure three times. Still can't login. The Installer Disc is 10.4. I hope not to re-install the whole system again from scratch. Can anyone give me a good advice how to sort this out.

Regards, Hubert.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 10:54 AM

5 replies

Oct 4, 2012 6:46 AM in response to roam

Hi,

Perhaps you did not understand my situation. I can't log in at all because the introduction screen does NOT accept my password even when I changed that with help of the Installer Disc. So, I couldn't follow your procedures. The system even does not execute starting up in single user mode to change my passwords. Only starting up from a disc is possible by holding the alt-key. So, I'm in big trouble now. Who can help?

Regards,

Hubert

eMac doesn't respond on name and password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.