Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Photo Streams - problem with Aperture 3.4.1?

I've been trying to add new photos to an *EXISTING* Shared Photo Stream using Aperture 3.4.1 but it won't let me ...

I'd like to review and edit these photos with iOS apps on my iPhone or iPad before I share them online through Instagram or Facebook. I figured using a Shared Photo Stream to selectively share photos with my iDevices would be just the thing.

The Error Message

A dialogue box window slides down telling me the supported file types (JPEG, PNG, TIFF and RAW), and that my photos "... can not be uploaded because they are not supported formats or they are too big."

I shoot in RAW and edit these in Aperture no problems. Then, from what I read, when you upload a RAW file (large!) to a Photo Stream an optimised JPEG is created and uploaded (smaller, and much like when you sync photos from your PC or Mac to an iDevice through iTunes). But this isn't happening.

Aperture will let me upload the same photo files to a *NEW* Shared Photo Stream - so this is more of an annoyance at the moment ..

I just wondered if anyone knew of a workaround? Does anyone have a better way of sharing photos between their Mac and iDevices?

Appreciate any help or suggestions.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 1:50 PM

I had the same problem. Solution is, to mark at options/photostream the first item "My Fotostream" too.

It make no sense, but if I have not marked My Photostream I got the same failure.

Now I have the problem to sort the pictures. I can not sort the photos manually, and they are not sorted by date. There is no system. Perhaps the developers never use this feature.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2012 1:50 PM in response to wire75

I had the same problem. Solution is, to mark at options/photostream the first item "My Fotostream" too.

It make no sense, but if I have not marked My Photostream I got the same failure.

Now I have the problem to sort the pictures. I can not sort the photos manually, and they are not sorted by date. There is no system. Perhaps the developers never use this feature.

Shared Photo Streams - problem with Aperture 3.4.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.