Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The application SIMBL Agent quit unexpectedly

Hi, ok the thing is, when I start up my computer (Macbook OSX 10.5.8), this error message appears

User uploaded file

and it won't go away, I've tried reporting it, ignoring it, relaunching. I also tried moving the SIMBL folder in Application Support to the trash as suggested in some other threads, and then restarting my computer but nothing is working?

It doesn't crash Safari like it seems to do for others, its just this error message keeps showing up. Really confusing.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 1:21 PM

3 replies

Nov 27, 2012 7:05 AM in response to shiasnostrils

does this help

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3765576

Linc Davis

Uninstall SIMBL as follows.

Select Go ▹ Go to Folder… from the Finder menu bar, then enter the following text in the box that opens:

/Library

A folder will open. From that folder, delete all the items listed below. You may be prompted for your administrator login password.

Application Support/SIMBL

LaunchAgents/net.culater.SIMBL.Agent.plist

ScriptingAdditions/SIMBL.osax

Log out and log back in. If you still have the issue, uninstall Flip4Mac WMV according to the developer's instructions, then test again.

Make sure you never reinstall SIMBL. It’s likely to come bundled with another third-party system modfication that depends on it. If you want trouble-free computing, avoid software that makes miraculous changes to other software, especially built-in applications. The only real exception to that rule is Safari extensions, which are mostly safe, and are easy to get rid of when they don’t work. SIMBL and its dependents are notSafari extensions.

The application SIMBL Agent quit unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.