Previous 1 2 Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2013 8:39 AM by cooooper Branched to a new discussion.
lunaulu Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

What a disaster and huge mistake.  Upgraded to Mountain Lion and now I can't run Autocad 2012 for Mac, any of my Adobe Creative suites software such as Photoshop, Illustrator.. and now I can't even do upgrades because Mountain Lion doesn't allow me to launch DMGs.  I've lost thousands of $'s in software, not to mention time, but most importantly now I can't even work!  I just tried to revert back to Snow Leopard by intalling it back in my hard drive and it won't let me.  I never used Time Machine.  Is there any way on earth I can revert back to my old operating software???  Please help.  And if you haven't upgraded yet and are thinking about it.  BEWARE - and don't do it.  I've been reading that Mountain Lion isn't working with Microsoft applications either.  Omy...I haven't even checked that. 

 

and of course no one at Apple support can or will help me


iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)
  • cbs20 Level 4 Level 4 (2,775 points)

    Go to System Preferences>Security and set the Gatekeeper settings to allow downloads from anywhere. Then run updates for your software. If you have Microsoft Office 2004 it won't work with Mountain Lion. If you have Microsoft Office 2008 or 2010(or 2011 I can't remember what it is now) then you just have to run updates for it to work.

  • Csound1 Level 8 Level 8 (40,265 points)

    Your main problem will be AutoCad, it is not yet compatibe with Mountain Lion but a service pack is being prepared, see this:

     

    Screen Shot 2012-10-03 at 3.50.28 PM.png

    Here is a link to the full document.

     

    Adobe have compatible versions available, go to www.adobe.com for info.

  • lunaulu Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    It's not my Microsoft that I use much or am worried about.  I can't run AutoCAD.  and I can't update AutoCAD either.  When I try to mount an update just to get it working, it says it can't run the DMG file.  Apparantly this new platform doesn't use Rosetta - which is needed to run any of these updates or downloads.  ***?  and then When I try to open CS4 appliations - Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign - I get the message "Licensing for this product has stopped working - Error 150:30 - ***? 

    So basically I can't use ANY of the programs I ran before.  And yes I have googled desperately all day.  Adobe has some suggestions - like deleting a Flex files - which I did...Defragmenting - which I did.  And most importantly provides am Adobe Licensing Repair tool to fix - which I can't open because Mountain Lion won't mount the DMG in order to run it!  It's a complete disaster and I don't have the money or time to purchase and or reinstall everything.  I am just screwed. 

  • Csound1 Level 8 Level 8 (40,265 points)

    lunaulu wrote:

     

    It's not my Microsoft that I use much or am worried about.  I can't run AutoCAD.  and I can't update AutoCAD either.  When I try to mount an update just to get it working, it says it can't run the DMG file.  Apparantly this new platform doesn't use Rosetta - which is needed to run any of these updates or downloads.  ***?  and then When I try to open CS4 appliations - Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign - I get the message "Licensing for this product has stopped working - Error 150:30 - ***? 

    So basically I can't use ANY of the programs I ran before.  And yes I have googled desperately all day.  Adobe has some suggestions - like deleting a Flex files - which I did...Defragmenting - which I did.  And most importantly provides am Adobe Licensing Repair tool to fix - which I can't open because Mountain Lion won't mount the DMG in order to run it!  It's a complete disaster and I don't have the money or time to purchase and or reinstall everything.  I am just screwed. 

    No you are not, calm down, cbs20 already gave you the answer on opening dmg files, updates are available for most of your programs and I assume you have licenses for the Adobe products. AutoCad you'll have to wait for.

     

    And please .... Start Backing Things Up, you could lose it all without one, work included.

  • lunaulu Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    ..ya I am not usually a drama queen.  sorry.

    I am having big regrets right now though!

    and that won't help either.

     

    thanks for the info

  • Csound1 Level 8 Level 8 (40,265 points)

    You're welcome

     

     

    PS: CS4 will work on Mountain Lion, get it up to date, and licensed.

  • lunaulu Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I have decided to wipe my hard drive clean to get rid of Mountain Lion.  I don't like it on every level, but mostly I am not going to reinstall all of my software only to have the same issues.

     

    Is there any way to salvage any of my settings or applications?  obviously I can back up my files such as music and photos.., but will I need to start over with Airport? Mail, Quickbooks, Spotify, Keychain, etc...?

    please let me know if there is anything I can do. 

    Backing it up on Time Machine at this point wouldn't work because I haven't done that in the past and now it would just go back to Mountain Lion right?

    ooof.  I dis-like this new OS !

  • Radiation Mac Level 5 Level 5 (4,635 points)

    As you apparently just discovered, it is generally (Always) unwise to Upgrade to a new version of OS without First making a "backup" copy of the old OS installation on an external hard drive.  For just this reason.

     

     

    Hope this helps

  • stevenfrombrownsburg Level 2 Level 2 (340 points)

    As you've discovered, Rosetta has been discontinued (it was removed from Lion - 10.7 - as well).  Therefore, all software must be Intel native to run on OSX 10.7 and later.

     

    This would be a software developer/update issue.  Screaming at Apple about it will accomplish nothing.

     

    As for reverting back to SL, if you didn't back up prior to upgrading to ML, yes, you will need to reinstall and update your software from scratch.  Hopefully, you have your project files and such stored in an alternate location (I have both a flash drive and Dropbox for such things).

  • stevenfrombrownsburg Level 2 Level 2 (340 points)

    On a related note, if you are still using CS4, it's probably time to think about upgrading.  CS6 was released earlier this year, and it is already ML ready.

  • lunaulu Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    none of this helps really.  but I definitey appreciate everyone's response!

     

    I have files stored on Dropbox and thumb drives.  I am not keeping Mountain Lion.  And it's going to be a very long weekend..

  • Csound1 Level 8 Level 8 (40,265 points)

    lunaulu wrote:

     

    none of this helps really.  but I definitey appreciate everyone's response!

     

    I have files stored on Dropbox and thumb drives.  I am not keeping Mountain Lion.  And it's going to be a very long weekend..

    The issue will be that many of your files will have been upgraded for the new OS, downgrading won't work so you will need a backup of how they were before you upgraded, pease choose carefully what it is you're going to do.

  • shsubrkat Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I'm having the same problem. Can you explain how to update CS4 and license again? I've been using ML for several months and CS4 was working fine then I opened InDesign last night and got the Error 150:30 "Licensing has stopped working". HELP!!

  • Csound1 Level 8 Level 8 (40,265 points)

    shsubrkat wrote:

     

    I'm having the same problem. Can you explain how to update CS4 and license again? I've been using ML for several months and CS4 was working fine then I opened InDesign last night and got the Error 150:30 "Licensing has stopped working". HELP!!

    Contact Adobe customer support.

Previous 1 2 Next