Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod classic won't sync to iTunes

I've had my iPod for about a year and it now won't sync to my iTunes. When I tried to connect it, the iPod wiped itself of everything. I have tried resetting it several times, I updated my iTunes software, and I've restarted both my computer and the iPod. I tried using a different USB jack. What do I do?

iPod classic, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 1:47 PM

Why isn't it syncing now? What happens when you connect the iPod to your Mac? Is it recognized in iTunes? If so, any error messages when you try to sync?

B-rock

17 replies

Oct 3, 2012 1:50 PM in response to planb77

When I connect it, iTunes recognizes it and then tries to sync, but after a while a message pops up saying that it didn't sync, and I should go to the summary tab of my iPod on iTunes and check for updates. However, the only tab is the Summary tab, and it says my iPod is up to date. The only choice is to restore, which I've done. Then I eject and though the computer says it's ejected, some of the times the Ipod screen has continued to read "Connected," and I restart the iPod to disconnect it.

Feb 8, 2013 10:40 AM in response to ijustwantmymusicback

I Had deleted some of my apps off my windows and into the recycle bein, i tried various things..... reseting and everything. i went to my recycle bin right clicked the app and clicked restore. , the apps didnt come back into my itunes library or back onto my ipod touch 4th gen, but you can re download them. as soon as i had restored the apps i went straight to your ipod place where it shows all the info and clicked sync and its synced, hope this helped

My iPod classic won't sync to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.