Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete the folder (Mobile Documents) on my Mac?

I just wanna the Pages document in the Cloud, not on my Mac… I wanna do the download on the iPad. Just like iTunes Match. I have the reference (doc icon to download) but the the file. For files dmg.txt and the how others? Maybe in the System Preferences uncheck Documents & Data? That's it? I just wanna use the iPad to sync Pages docs, the dmg.txt files only in the cloud to download? Is this possible?

thanks

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 4:16 PM

4 replies

Oct 8, 2012 11:07 AM in response to Verzig

Sorry. When you said you "unchecked iCloud Mail," I thought you were not wanting to use it on your Mac.

To answer your original question, I don't know whether you can delete the Mobile Documents folder from your Mac. Or rather, I don't know what might happen if you do. Better have a couple of good backup copies of your boot volume before you try it. (A good idea for anything that requires "sudo" even if you have researched it thoroughly.)

Can I delete the folder (Mobile Documents) on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.