Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No audio on camera roll video clips.

This is weird, when I record a video clip with my iphone 5, and then play it back, all I get is static! Sound does work with the speakers when I am playing a game or using the speakerphone. When I tried to play an mp3, via double clicking on the home, then swiping to the ipod controls, it had the same result. When I went to the music app it worked, then the ipod controls worked fine.

Incidently I believe this is the first time I tried testing this after I replaced my iphone 5 because of cosmetic blemishes. The original worked with the audio no problem. Any ideas?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 4:44 PM

I have localized this to recordings with the rear facing camera. The front facing camera records and playsback just fine.

3 replies

Nov 29, 2013 5:44 AM in response to robertofromdiamond bar

I went to this discussion to try and diagnose my 4S which had the same no audio/camera videos problem. I tried everything on this thread, except.....the camera app itself - one I'd had for years and updated, NOT the one that came with the phone. I tried the later and voila - worked like a charm! So I deleted the camera app that didn't work and will resort to the one that does! Wish I'd thought of that sooner - isn't that always the case!

No audio on camera roll video clips.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.