Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth MAP SMS works in my vehicle but "reply" & "call" options grayed out

I have an iPhone 4S updated to the IOS 6. I have a 2012 Honda CRV that supports bluetooth SMS. The phone paired with the vehicle and phone calls work, streaming audio works and even SMS works. The vehicle does read the SMS messages well, but the options to "reply" or "call" are grayed out so it's not an option. But, I've noticed that when I get a text message from someone not in my contact list the vehicle system will read the text like normal but now the option for "reply" and "call" IS available. So when I get a text from someone in my contacts the vehicle can only read it but when I get a text message from someone not in my contacts the vehicle can read, reply, or call. Is this something with the bluetooth profile? It seems like something that can be fixed with a software update. Anyone have some insight?

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 4:47 PM

2 replies

Bluetooth MAP SMS works in my vehicle but "reply" & "call" options grayed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.