Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet Keeps Dropping on my Macbook Pro Retina

Recently on my Macbook Pro Retina, the internet keeps losing its connection. I've had this computer for a while and everything was fine until recently. I didn't change any settings and everything is fully up to date.

The scenario goes like this, I would be surfing a site and all the sudden it just stops working. The wifi signal is very strong and when I turn the wifi off and then turn it back on, its works perfect again for a while. I am not sure whats wrong, please help!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 5:07 PM

5 replies

Nov 22, 2012 2:12 PM in response to AppleJohn88

I have the same problem with my macbook pro retina 15. It drops frequently or at times takes way too long to make a connection from one website to another. Doing network diagnosis it shows wifi works fine to airport extreme base station, but internet server down. It sometimes works by restarting or just waiting for the connection to return. Very frustrating.

Nov 24, 2012 1:53 PM in response to AppleJohn88

Have a 15" retina MBP with same problem. It has just happened to me with thunderbolt ethernet as well, so not just a wi-fi issue. Network just becomes unavailable, mounted network drives disconnect, no internet. Re-establishing the connection fixes it. Don't have a clue as to the cause. There is no error message to send to Apple either so I don't know when/if it will ever get fixed. Fortunately, it is sufficiently infrequent not to be a major issue, but still unwelcome.

Internet Keeps Dropping on my Macbook Pro Retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.