Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cables and adapter's

A few years ago, the launch of the iPhone 3 I put away my trusted Nokia, had them and Motorola since 1983 or 1984 I can't quite remember but thought I was cool carrying around a huge case like battery pack with what resembled a house phone on top, and bought an iPhone. Was not only impressed that I could work it but the ethics of Apple. Steve was great to listen to, was amazing. It was like profit was secondary to service. I suppose I thought they thought, as it were, that if they provide a great service they would make profit, they did and they did and lots of it. Over the years I have bought each new iPhone, iPad and have recently bought a Mac Air. All of the products I have had have been exceptional, usual software issues but Apple worked hard to sort them out. My wife dropped her iPad when she first had it, I visited the shop in Birmingham, England asking for a repair but they replaced it and didn't charge us, isn't that fantastic? It's ok, it's really quite rhetorical. Imagine how I feel now as I know many do that Apple have moved away from that startling generosity, in fact they seem to want their money back, as now, when the iPhone 5 first was mentioned with the new lightning cable, they said but don't worry, we will give you an adapter that will allow you to use all the oth accessories you have bought from us as you are a loyal customer, like car chargers, bedside pods, land chargers and alike. That was soon taken down, don't now why never to be seen again and in fact you can't even buy a second cable unless you buy a second phone but wait, there's a waiting list for that too. Apple? You have got this one wrong and if the other manufacturers steal your ideas enough to give us a close resemblance as there is nothing wrong with the phone, but not close enough for you to sue them, the I'm sure many iPhone users will join me i making sure that in the long term Apple doesn't benefit from this treachery long term. Put it right Apple, don't let the greedy philosophy developed since the demise of the late great Mr Jobs, apologise, give everyone who has bough an iPhone 5 the first adapter promised when you started marketing the product and we will all be eternally grateful, sure that you won't because we don't matter anymore, we are only customers after all, you don't need us. Or do you?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 6:27 PM

There are no replies.

Cables and adapter's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.