Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Start up Beach Ball since 10.7.5 update

Since updating to 10.7.5 I require multiple hard boots (Power Off) to start up my new iMac. The 1st boot I get the beach ball after sign on. The 2nd hard boot I get the beach ball after the menu bar shows but prior to the desktop icons. 3rd boot usually works sometimesasking "your quitting an operation in progress do you want to continue". What's up?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 7:27 PM

I should add to this issue that Time Machine backups seem to take extremely long times and I've had to remove all my external drives from spotlight as the last check indicated days to re-index 140MB on one of the external drives. Don't know for sure if the time machine/spotlight issue is part of the 10.7.5 update but think it is. Wonder if up grading to Moutain Lion would fix the issue? I've downloaded it but have yet to install.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2012 7:27 PM in response to drlfromPA

I should add to this issue that Time Machine backups seem to take extremely long times and I've had to remove all my external drives from spotlight as the last check indicated days to re-index 140MB on one of the external drives. Don't know for sure if the time machine/spotlight issue is part of the 10.7.5 update but think it is. Wonder if up grading to Moutain Lion would fix the issue? I've downloaded it but have yet to install.

Start up Beach Ball since 10.7.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.