Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 charging dock

Does anyone know if there is actually going to be a dock or similar to charge the iphone 5 on?

Its all well and good for Apple to say that most people will use airplay and the like to play music etc but it would be nice to be able to charge the thing on a dock. The battery lasts a day at best and i would much prefer to sit my phone on something (like i have with all my old phones) overnight to charge. Apple need to pull their heads out of their lightning hole, they've really dropped the ball here. There seem to be some major cracks appearing in the way things are being done at apple HQ.

iPhone 5

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 7:21 PM

7 replies

Oct 4, 2012 4:32 AM in response to pauljmiles

Im with you on that one. It really gets on my **** that Apple hasn't released a dock. It wouldn't have be so bad if they wouldn't have changed the iphone 5 so that my previous dock is useless. I have an alarm clock installed. How should i read the time? Should i let my phone hang from the ceiling with the lighthing cord? Or nail it to the wall...tzzzt

Oct 4, 2012 2:16 PM in response to pauljmiles

I am just surprised about how long its taking. The big news now is a guy who made one out of lego blocks and another who made one out of wood. I took one that I had, drilled out the 30 pin plug. There was just enough room for the new plug. Then lots of hot glue..... works and looks ok.

The first one to market on this is going to make a bunch of money.

Oct 24, 2012 10:48 AM in response to pauljmiles

Check out http://www.etsy.com/shop/ePROGeekery.

Its a Landscape cradle that lets you use the existing Lightning Cable that came with your phone to charge and sync the phone. This lets you adjust the connector so it sits flush against the dock if you are not using a case, or extend the connector so it engages the port if you are using a low profile or bumper style case.

The design can be modified to allow for the specifics of your phone / case arrangement. Just contact the seller with information about how think your case is.

iphone 5 charging dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.