Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 home button makes clicking noise

I went to the Apple store, but was told this is normal. The noise is really different from the normal click that I used to feel on iphon 4. Does anybody have the same problem?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 9:20 PM

10 replies

Nov 7, 2012 12:10 AM in response to st4lker

I have the same problem and its very annoying Apple have only offered a refurbed unit which normally are like brand new but unfortunatly they have given me 7 phones so far which were all blemished in some way so i still have a annoying phone but no way to fix unless i want to trade my brand new phone in for a crappy damaged refurbed one

Dec 25, 2012 7:29 AM in response to PJ341

I posted earlier in this chain that I experienced the same on my iPhone 3GS and that it didn't ever get worse.

I just got this same thing happen on my iPhone 5. I came across a post in which somebody said that rubbing alcohol can be used to fix this as it is dirt under the button. I tried this and it worked.

No saying now that you should douse your phone in alcohol. Do not do this. But search on web for people showing how to clean home button with alcohol. Plenty of information out there and it just worked for me.

Mar 10, 2013 3:35 PM in response to stationF

I resolved this "defect" with WD40 Oil.

- Turn off your iPhone 5.

- Put the oil in the interface (gap) between Home Button and front display (use a soaking cotonete for this). Do not use the spray directly on the home button. This may blur your display inside. Remember: this oil must be shaked before use.

- Push the button several times.

- Remove the excess of oil with a absorbent paper.

- Turn on your iphone.

My iPhone 5 is working very very well now !!!

My iPhone 5 home button makes clicking noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.