Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail iPad iCloud=OK / Mail Mac-iCloud=Not OK

After unchecked Mail from iCloud and Mail, Contacts & Calendars from System Preferences… I'm just allowed to send mails, not received.

And when I launch Mail on Mac these unchecked got checkeds.

Unable to Connect

"There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “MobileMe” or try again.

The server returned the error: The connection to the server “p01-imap.mail.me.com” on port 143 timed out."

I just wanna to get my mails but not syncing them with iCloud… I use iPad for that.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 11:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 11:36 PM

You can only get your iCloud emails by syncing with iCloud. Strictly speaking it's not syncing - the emails reside on the iCloud server and your Mac and iPad read them from there, just like webmail. If you disable Mail on your Mac it can't connect to the server so you can't see your messages. Of course none of this applies to other email accounts from different services, but I assume that's not what you are talking about.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2012 11:36 PM in response to Verzig

You can only get your iCloud emails by syncing with iCloud. Strictly speaking it's not syncing - the emails reside on the iCloud server and your Mac and iPad read them from there, just like webmail. If you disable Mail on your Mac it can't connect to the server so you can't see your messages. Of course none of this applies to other email accounts from different services, but I assume that's not what you are talking about.

Oct 3, 2012 11:52 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks,

I got it. I unchecked it and check it and in "Mail, Contacts & Calendars", now it's OK. I just wanna Mail and Find my Mac in iCloud. I'm afraid of losing data syncing between devices... I'm don't know if I check Safari, it will be cool, I can export the bookmarks daily anyway. Now I just wanna delete three files dmg.txt on Mobile Documents and I don't have the 'permissions' to read them. 2.11 GB. I unchecked Documents and Data and nothing. Any ideas?

Mail iPad iCloud=OK / Mail Mac-iCloud=Not OK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.