Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 "Error-19" Pioneer Stereo DEH-9400BH

The Pioneer stereo deck model DEH-9400BH says it is compaitble with the iPhone 5, however, when plugged in via USB, the deck cannot detect and shows an "error-19" message. I suspect it has to do with the iOS. If anyone can confirm this issue with thier Pioneer deck, please let me know.

iPhone 5, iOS 6, Pioneer DEH-9400BH

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 1:24 AM

4 replies

Oct 4, 2012 10:07 PM in response to Lvl415

i have the pioneer DEH - P8400BH and i own an iphone 4. Ever since i updated to IOS 6 i have had issues with it. when plugged in via USB it will play for a bit then stop and error message 19 will appear. Bluetooth always seems to work but the stereo controls do not work with the bluetooth connection however they still work when its plugged into usb for the breif time that i dont get the error message

Oct 6, 2012 9:45 AM in response to asrahman

I read on other forums that other Pioneer owners had to push the reset button located on the back of the deck after they had updated their iOS. This info was dated pre iO6 though. I had the stereo installed professionally, and although I can remove the deck again myself to reset it, it's kind of a pain so I'll wait until the next iOS update first.

If the reset option works for you with it iOS 6, let me know. :)

Dec 26, 2012 8:39 PM in response to Lvl415

The solution to my problem: GET A NEW IPHONE 5! That pretty much resolved my "error-19" message and now I can use my iPhone with my Pioneer deck. (I got the new phone before the 6.0.2 patch).

POST 6.0.2 PATCH: Still works with my Pioneer deck, but connection issues with 5GHz bandwith routers. I guess this complaint will appear elsewhere in its related topic

iOS 6 "Error-19" Pioneer Stereo DEH-9400BH

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.