Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monotype Corsiva - Apple Chancery BOLD

With my old PC I started a book writing it in Monotype Corsiva. Now I installed Pages and this font is not available, but I noticed that Apple Chancery is very similar to it. I have just a problem: I cannot find the bold style. I searched throughout internet but it seems it is not available. Could you please help me?

Thank you in advance for your support!

Veronica

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 2:26 AM

6 replies

Oct 4, 2012 3:27 AM in response to PherosNike

Well, I would suggest choosing a font that is available on your iMac and changing all the text written so far to that. If the book is to be published in print, you should probably talk to the publisher and see that font suits their printer. If it is to be available on line, you really need a font that most potential readers already have installed.

Oct 4, 2012 6:20 AM in response to PherosNike

Apple supplies Corsiva and Corsiva Bold with Snow Leopard, though you need to install the Additional Fonts to get it on the system. However, they are Corsiva Hebrew, so most likely useless for your purposes.

Monotype Corsiva was supplied by Apple with OS 9. Otherwise, it is installed by Microsoft Office for Mac in the 2008 and 2011 versions. Bad news on all three of those Mac legacy TrueType fonts is that they are the normal typeface only. No bold.

If you were using these fonts with your PC, you can just copy them over to your Mac as long as they're TrueType fonts. Windows Type 1 PostScript fonts are not cross platform compatible.

Monotype Corsiva - Apple Chancery BOLD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.