Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS6 iTunes 10.7 Wi-Fi Sync problem

Hello, prior upgrading to iOS 6 (or iTunes 10.7, don't know) when in the evening i was plugging my iPhone to charging, it was syncing with iTunes wirelessly. From Sep. 25 i noticed that it wasn't syncing anymore. If i was trying to manually sync from iPhone, i was getting 'Searching MacBook Pro...' for 1 minute and nothing was happening. If i would do the same from iTunes, i mean manually sync them, it was ok. Now i noticed that if i manually sync from iTunes, after that iPhone's manual sync works again, automatic too. After some hours seems it stops working because, again, if i plug it to charging, it won't sync. And from iTunes, from time to time, i noticed that every hour or so it says 'Looking for iPhone...'. Wi-Fi works fine because i can surf, sync Things through wi-fi, using Apple Remote etc.

I already tried to remove wireless sync check from itunes, sync iPhone via cable and check wireless sync back again. It didn't help.

Any other solutions?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009), OS X Mountain Lion, Crucial 8GB DDR3, Samsung 830 128GB

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 3:25 AM

6 replies

Oct 4, 2012 12:18 PM in response to svkrzn

PS: this happens with my iPad too. I noticed it won't sync automatically. If i try to manually sync it from iTunes, it self-removes from the list and i have to restart iTunes.

PPS: seems that's iTunes problem: i just rebooted my MBP and connected iPhone and iPad to the power and they both started syncing.So maybe iTunes 10.7(21) is buggy?

Oct 13, 2012 9:41 PM in response to svkrzn

I'm having the same issue. It has to be iTunes because I've yet to upgrade to iOS 6, but I upgraded to iTunes 10.7, and wifi sync no longer works with my iPod. Rebooting my MBP hardly works anymore. I have to resort to connecting my device via the USB cable if I ever want to sync. It's entirely inconvenient. Apple needs to hurry up and fix this.

Dec 12, 2012 7:17 PM in response to svkrzn

I go this same problem when I upgraded to iTUnes 10.7: iTunes taking forever to find my wireless devices and hanging inthe process for a good few minutes. I was hoping iTuines 11 would fix this, but it hasn't. iPad and iPhones on iOS 6 and iPod on Ios 5.x all have the same issue. Can't find any signs of an acknowledged bug from Apple....very frustrating.

Jan 14, 2013 3:08 AM in response to svkrzn

I have been frustrated for months along with many others. WIFI Sync was hit or miss at best; usually didn't work. I just set my IP address on my iPhone to "STATIC" per instructions at:

http://iphone.namitkarlekar.com/2009/05/fixing-your-iphones-ip-on-wifi-network.h tml

Have plugged-in/unplugged iPhone and restarted iTunes several times. So far WIFI Sync seems to work exactly as advertised no matter what order I start iTunes and plug iPhone into power source. If this remains true then I will be forever grateful to Namit Karlekar for such an incredibly easy fix! One so easy, that it is incredible to believe Apple has neither fixed the issue internally, nor shared any such solution with its numerous loyal and annoyed patrons, who have been griping about it for months and months. Shameful, really if I were forced to choose a single word to describe their inaction!

Hope this may be a permanent fix for myself and others. Keeping my mental fingers crossed for all of us. Good Luck!

Alchemancer

iOS6 iTunes 10.7 Wi-Fi Sync problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.