Currently Being ModeratedOct 4, 2012 5:45 AM (in response to tromano32)
Try this one also
- Press cmd + Space to bring up a search.
- Type Terminal and press Enter.
- In Terminal, type in the following (depending on your drive name) and press Enter:
“sudo chflags nouchg /Volumes/Drive_Name”
If your drive name has a space in it then you will need to type a space as “\ “
For example: “/Volumes/Drive\ Name”.
- You will need to enter your password and press Enter.
- It won’t show any characters when you type.
- If you do not have a password then set one first.
- Now type in the following and press Enter:
sudo chmod 1775 /Volumes/Drive_Name
- The lock should now be removed. Do this for every drive that appears as locked.
- Find your home folder and right click it, then select Get Info.
- Look under the Sharing & Permissions section. If the padlock is locked then click it, enter your password if you have one and click OK.
- Click the + button, click on your username and click Select.
- Click on your name in the list.
- Click the cog like icon, then click Make (Me) the owner.
- Click the cog like icon, then click “Apply to enclosed items”.
- You will be asked “Are you sure…”. Click OK to confirm.
- Once done, click the padlock to lock the changes.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 4, 2012 6:54 AM (in response to Paldeng)
Title should say All Drives Connected are NOW locked
I have followed this tuturial earlier when doing google searches.. it does not help when I try to change permissions they instantly revert back to "custom" , I have tried in normal mode and root user mode with similar results.. access deniedMacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
Currently Being ModeratedOct 4, 2012 7:07 AM (in response to tromano32)
So I read somewere that MacDrive on windows ignores permisions so I plugged into my windows machine.. repaired disk on MacDrive.. plugged back into my mac and followed above instructions and my drive is now UNLOCKED ! yay.. its still won't boot but files are now readable.. so I am going to do a clean ML install and migration assistant my account back over and I think I will be good.. thanks for the help !