Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV after latest upgrade is stuck on "what's new".. Help

I have already posted on other forums and apple has not yet fixed... What is taking so long! My Apple TV is constantly crashing and when it boots up is stuck on what's new..... Apple.... What's the hold up.. This product not important enough?

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 6:19 AM

7 replies

Oct 20, 2012 1:38 PM in response to vaines

EXACT same problem.

Netflix, usually, will kick out after about 30 45 minutes, then will get stuck on "Accessing Netflix" for as long as you want to wait. We have to unplug the AppleTV 2, plug it back in. When it comes back up, we sit and stare at the "What's New" screen until the time we set for screen saver (5 minutes), kicks in, then we can control with the Remote App (lost the controller 2 years ago). If we use the Remote app, you can hear it clicking on things behind the "What's New" app until the the screen save kicks in, then you can "wake" it up and you will see the normal front browse page.

Wait another 30-45 minutes, "Accessing Netflix", restart, wait at "What's New", etc... It is absolutely not our internet. Solid 24/7. I work at home connected to multiple VPNetworks throughout the day, lots of data moving back and forth, Never an issue.

Beyond annoying. Agreed!

My Apple TV after latest upgrade is stuck on "what's new".. Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.