Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install Canon pro9000 mkII help?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install a Canon pro9000 mkII printer on my macbook running Mountain Lion. The printer installation disc didn't come with the drivers/software for Mountain Lion so I downloaded them from the Canon website and they installed fine.

I then went to add the printer via the normal route: System Preferences>Printer&Scan>Add. The printer shows up in the list, I select it and it tells me:

'The selected printer software is available from Apple. Click Add to download it and add this printer.'

So I do this and it connects to Apple but then I get message saying that the software is not available from the update network.

As mentioned, I have already downloaded and installed the correct drivers! Is there no way to bypass it trying to get them from Apple? I don't know where in the system to tell it to look.

Help!

Thanks for your time!

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 7:00 AM

Get this and install it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL899

4 replies

Oct 21, 2012 5:25 AM in response to PixxieNugget

.... and for me. I had similar issues with two other Canon printers (Pro9000 and MF8050Cn). It is worth saying that one *must* go the "Add printer and Scanner" window rather than selecting a 'Nearby printer". Then when a printer is selected, a complete list of avaiable drivers appears in the "Use" list.

The Mac in fact auto-installed the Mf8050Cn multifunction without any say from me! The driver it installed though was the fax driver, but no mention that it was. Still no scanner support for the Mf8050Cn (8-(#

Can't install Canon pro9000 mkII help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.