Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 4 is not ringing and the phone is not muted or water damage! What can I do?

My phone is not ringing and everything is on and I have checked the settings! I have noticed that when I slide the side button the bell is not showing up! Have I deactivated something?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 9:39 AM

Clean the iPhone charging port with a clean dry toothbrush. This iPhone could be sensing it is connected to a dock due to shorting of pins, cleaning may help this.

37 replies

Oct 11, 2012 12:28 PM in response to HoustonDre

In my case, the new option "Do not disturb" was activated automatically when I upgraded the phone to IOS 6. You can see a moon quarter at the left of the time in the basic screen if the option is turned on. Desactivating the option fix my problem. You can desactivate the option in "Settings" or you can change the settings in "Settings" then "Notifications".

Feb 5, 2013 10:36 PM in response to HoustonDre

Update to IOS 6 seems to have switched the mute key and volume ringers off completely

go to. this worked for my Iphone 4

Settings

General

Accesability

Assistive touch switch on.

my iphone on the side is showing mute not on, using the assistive touch ( the white button that appears on your home screen, go to device and switch the mute key to the opposite. on my phone mute on (bell with cross through it, opposite to phone), my phone now rings.

My Iphone 4 is not ringing and the phone is not muted or water damage! What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.