6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2012 11:58 AM by Old Toad
jancan04 Level 1 Level 1

My MacBookPro osx 10.6.8 will not let me download iphoto. How can I download an earlier version. Also, I read that this works with the Sony Cyber-Shot camera?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • LarryHN Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

What version of iPhoto do you have?  What are trying to accomplish? What do you mean by "I read that this works ...". What is "this"

There is no download for earlier versions of iPhoto

LN

• jancan04 Level 1 Level 1

I do not presently have iphoto but am trying to buy from Apple store, but my MacBookPro is version 10.6.8, so they cannot download the purchase. Where can I buy an earlier version of this software? And does it work with the Sony Cybershot Camera?

• LarryHN Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

IPhoto came on your computer. What happened to it?  You can reinstall from the restore disks that came with your computer installing bundled software only

All versions of iPhoto work with Sony Cybershot cameras

LN

• donnierae Level 1 Level 1

How can I re-install iPhoto? I'm getting the spinning beachball of death when I click on iphoto. I have a new sony cybershopt dsc-h90 and it is not being recognized in the Finder window (just the Windows execs appear in he Finder). I do not have the iphoto startup discs with me. I'm traveling. But need to download photos from the camera. On a macbook pro running 10.6.8. Any ideas?

• Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.ilife
    iLife

As a Test:

Hold down the option (or alt) key and launch iPhoto. From the resulting menu select 'Create Library'

Import a few pics into this new, blank library. Is the Problem repeated there?

• Old Toad Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

You should have a software restore disk that came with your MBP that looks like one of these:

iAppreinstall.PNG

OT