Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get an additional iCloud email account?

I've had a @me.com email account for years. But I need another email account for my business and I want it to be an @icloud.com account. Can this be done?

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 9:19 AM

You can create up to three aliases - these are additional addresses (not accounts) which deliver into the same inbox as the main address.

http://help.apple.com/icloud/#mm6b1a490a

(You may find that you can't create an alias just at the moment while they are rolling out the @icloud.com addresses to all accounts).

Or you could create a new iCloud account - you will need to create a new Apple ID using a different email address from the on you used to create your present one. You can sign into System Preferences>Mail, contacts and Calendars with this and run it in addition to the existing one.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2012 9:19 AM in response to TomHarris1964

You can create up to three aliases - these are additional addresses (not accounts) which deliver into the same inbox as the main address.

http://help.apple.com/icloud/#mm6b1a490a

(You may find that you can't create an alias just at the moment while they are rolling out the @icloud.com addresses to all accounts).

Or you could create a new iCloud account - you will need to create a new Apple ID using a different email address from the on you used to create your present one. You can sign into System Preferences>Mail, contacts and Calendars with this and run it in addition to the existing one.

Oct 4, 2012 12:19 PM in response to dolly_pink

They will disappear when you sign out but reappear when you sign back in. I'm not sure whether you can sign in and activate your new account in System Preferences>Mail, Contacts and Calendars (or whether the account has to be already set up) but it's worth trying there first. (Let us know what happens for future reference). You would sign in there and check Mail in the list there.

How do I get an additional iCloud email account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.