Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install aperture with two upgrades on lion

I had to install a clean Mac OSX 'Lion' on my MacBook Pro (late 2011) und then reinstall all applications...

Only with Aperture I had problems, Version 1 had no License number, wersion 2 & 3 was an upgrade, but it is impossible to install it on Mac OSX 10.7.4 ???

Who has experience in this?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 17"Display Intel core 2 Duo 2.33GHz

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 10:43 AM

You should be able to install from your version 3 DVD, but you will need to enter all serial numbers for all upgraded versions after the installation.

If you don't have all serial numbers any longer, see Pro Application Replacement Serial Numbers

Why do you say

but it is impossible to install it on Mac OSX 10.7.4 ???

Do you get an error message when you try?

"check with the developer to make sure Aperture works with this version of Mac OS X" don't worry, some of the older installer DVDs give his error message, because a developer certificate expired. This easily solved by resetting the date before installing, see the thread below.

Re: Install failure for Aperture 3 on my MacBook Pro. Operating on Lion.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2012 10:43 AM in response to thomasca

You should be able to install from your version 3 DVD, but you will need to enter all serial numbers for all upgraded versions after the installation.

If you don't have all serial numbers any longer, see Pro Application Replacement Serial Numbers

Why do you say

but it is impossible to install it on Mac OSX 10.7.4 ???

Do you get an error message when you try?

"check with the developer to make sure Aperture works with this version of Mac OS X" don't worry, some of the older installer DVDs give his error message, because a developer certificate expired. This easily solved by resetting the date before installing, see the thread below.

Re: Install failure for Aperture 3 on my MacBook Pro. Operating on Lion.

How to install aperture with two upgrades on lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.