Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote for iPad - How to prevent user from exiting the slideshow?

Hello.

On the mac version of Keynote there is an option to prevent the user from exiting the slideshow by typing the session login/password.

Why is this functionality not implemented for the iPad (using a 4 digit pin code for instance)???

It is obvious that, using an iPad with such a great presentation tool as Keynote, it will inevitably be used in a Kiosk Mode sooner or later.

So currently with Keynote 1.6.2 for iPad, your presentation is one pinch (or one spread or even one 3 fingers tap) away from being potentially ruined or destroyed by a user (even if he/she is not malevolent) because the slideshow can not be password locked. Once inside keynote, anything can be done to the presentation image rotation, suppression, resizing you name it.

Anyone with a solution?

That is a shame that I should end up having to code the same keynote interaction in HTML and then use a Kiosk Software to play it.

Look at the possibilities offered by Kiosk Pro for instance and please get inspired.

Don't get me wrong, I love keynote and think this is a really amazing productivity tool, but sometimes it definitelly lack some basic functionalities.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 10:24 AM

2 replies

Keynote for iPad - How to prevent user from exiting the slideshow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.