Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

old numbers files open with no data; new files can't be created

I just updated a mid-2008 MacBook Pro to OS X 10.7.5. Now, when I open Numbers spreadsheets I get a blank page for all of my spreadsheets. If I try to create a new spreadsheet, again I get a blank page. The Left sidebar shows a new sheet with 2 tables, but the main window is completely blank, and I cannot see any tables, cells, text, etc.

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 5:07 PM

Okay, after 2 full shut-downs, and restarts, the problem is gone. This problem occurred with Numbers v.2.2 (516) after I updated to OS 10.7.5. I then found an supplemental update to 10.7.5 to correct some errors with Time Capsule running slow.

After I installed the supplemental update, same problem. but I did the 2 shutdowns and restarts, and the problem was gone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2012 5:07 PM in response to Rick_BC

Okay, after 2 full shut-downs, and restarts, the problem is gone. This problem occurred with Numbers v.2.2 (516) after I updated to OS 10.7.5. I then found an supplemental update to 10.7.5 to correct some errors with Time Capsule running slow.

After I installed the supplemental update, same problem. but I did the 2 shutdowns and restarts, and the problem was gone.

old numbers files open with no data; new files can't be created

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.