Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AFP: File Sharing Error: Error Reading Settings Mountain Lion

i have recently upgraded to Server 2.1.1 and now, none of my users can log into their account.

The errors I am getting are:

Multiple errors occured on the server while processing commands.

Going to the server log I get this:

Oct 4 10:27:03 macserver.sfhigh.net AppleFileServer[1063] <Info>: TCP Listener returned error on accept

Oct 4 10:27:08 macserver.sfhigh.net AppleFileServer[1063] <Info>: TCP Listener returned error on accept

Oct 4 10:27:08 macserver.sfhigh.net AppleFileServer[1063] <Info>: TCP Listener returned error on accept

Oct 4 10:29:08 macserver.sfhigh.net AppleFileServer[1063] <Info>: TCP Listener returned error on accept

Oct 4 10:29:08 macserver.sfhigh.net AppleFileServer[1063] <Info>: TCP Listener returned error on accept

Oct 4 10:30:23 macserver.sfhigh.net AppleFileServer[1063] <Info>: TCP Listener returned error on accept

Oct 4 10:30:23 macserver.sfhigh.net AppleFileServer[1063] <Info>: TCP Listener returned error on accept

Oct 4 10:30:46 macserver.sfhigh.net AppleFileServer[1063] <Info>: TCP Listener returned error on accept

Oct 4 10:30:46 macserver.sfhigh.net AppleFileServer[1063] <Info>: TCP Listener returned error on accept

Oct 4 10:54:33 macserver.sfhigh.net AppleFileServer[1063] <Info>: TCP Listener returned error on accept

Oct 4 10:54:33 macserver.sfhigh.net AppleFileServer[1063] <Info>: TCP Listener returned error on accept

Oct 4 11:11:00 macserver.sfhigh.net AppleFileServer[2059] <Info>: TCP Listener returned error on accept

Oct 4 11:11:00 macserver.sfhigh.net AppleFileServer[2059] <Info>: TCP Listener returned error on accept

and sometimes after switching the service Off and then On I get

The error occurred while processing a command of type 'getConnectedUsers' in plug-in 'servermgr_afp'.

I have tried stopping and starting the service via Terminal, but nothing!

HELP!

Thanks

Thanks

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 11:35 AM

16 replies

Mar 22, 2013 5:45 AM in response to Nooraelad

I had this too, but was able to fix it by deleting /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleFileServer.plist and restarting the server.

However, this solution also seems to reset the maxConnections to 10 users, so you will also need to reset this. The command to do this, in the Terminal, is:

sudo serveradmin stop afp

sudo serveradmin settings afp:maxConnections = -1

sudo serveradmin start afp

Hope this helps.

Mar 22, 2013 9:38 AM in response to markfrommarlborough

This solution makes a bit of sense, since the problem only occured once we added 4 more users to the system, AFP crashed and File sharing and Time Machine backups stopped working even after restarting the services. However once we seperated our 2 external USB drives, everything started working again. Currently now have 2 Mac Minis set up, each with a external drive for Users to back up to.

AFP: File Sharing Error: Error Reading Settings Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.