Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Optical Flow Analysis not working in Mountain Lion 10.8

I upgraded to Mountain Lion and now whenever I select Optical Flow for retiming it quickly analyses the clip and just applies the Frame Blending effect. I've upgraged to 10.8.1, Final Cut Pro X is completely updated, I've tried starting a new project and importing brand new clips...none of this is working. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks in advance.

- Ray

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion, 2011 Macbook Pro

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 9:15 AM

This problem has also crippled my normal workflow for the past few months, but thankfully I think it's been fixed. I ran the latest OSX software update 3 or 4 days ago (I think it's at 10.8.2 now), but was relulcant to check if optical flow was fixed because the notes about the update mentioned nothing about it. Yesterday, however, I dared to try using Optical flow on a clip just to humour myself, but it worked! Try running Software Update and see if that works for you.

I'm still a little upset though that thoughout the past few months where FCPX users on Mountain Lion complained about this problem, Apple never said a word about acknowledging the issue, that a fix was on the way, or announced that the issue was fixed. I for one sent about 5 feedback bug reports every 2 weeks about the problem and never received a single response.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2012 9:15 AM in response to ralejo

This problem has also crippled my normal workflow for the past few months, but thankfully I think it's been fixed. I ran the latest OSX software update 3 or 4 days ago (I think it's at 10.8.2 now), but was relulcant to check if optical flow was fixed because the notes about the update mentioned nothing about it. Yesterday, however, I dared to try using Optical flow on a clip just to humour myself, but it worked! Try running Software Update and see if that works for you.

I'm still a little upset though that thoughout the past few months where FCPX users on Mountain Lion complained about this problem, Apple never said a word about acknowledging the issue, that a fix was on the way, or announced that the issue was fixed. I for one sent about 5 feedback bug reports every 2 weeks about the problem and never received a single response.

Optical Flow Analysis not working in Mountain Lion 10.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.