4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2012 1:22 AM by ralejo
ralejo Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I upgraded to Mountain Lion and now whenever I select Optical Flow for retiming it quickly analyses the clip and just applies the Frame Blending effect.  I've upgraged to 10.8.1, Final Cut Pro X is completely updated, I've tried starting a new project and importing brand new clips...none of this is working.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  Thanks in advance.

- Ray

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion, 2011 Macbook Pro
  • igraphyx Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

This problem has also crippled my normal workflow for the past few months, but thankfully I think it's been fixed. I ran the latest OSX software update 3 or 4 days ago (I think it's at 10.8.2 now), but was relulcant to check if optical flow was fixed because the notes about the update mentioned nothing about it. Yesterday, however, I dared to try using Optical flow on a clip just to humour myself, but it worked! Try running Software Update and see if that works for you.

I'm still a little upset though that thoughout the past few months where FCPX users on Mountain Lion complained about this problem, Apple never said a word about acknowledging the issue, that a fix was on the way, or announced that the issue was fixed. I for one sent about 5 feedback bug reports every 2 weeks about the problem and never received a single response.

• ralejo Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

When I saw the latest update to 10.8.2 I didn't even give it a secend thought because they didn't say anything about bug fixes for FCPX, but I'll definitely give it a shot today.  Thanks igraphyx and I'll let you know what I find out.

• Karsten Schlüter Level 7 Level 7 (31,060 points)

ralejo wrote:

.   Does anyone have a solution for this? …

it looks like, OF works only with Optimised Media.

if I remember correctly, with OS10.7 it was possible to use 'straight from cam ACVCHD' too ....

but I'm not sure, if I used that workflow. <scratching head>

• ralejo Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Updating to ML 10.8.2 solved my issue with Optical Flow not working properly.  Thanks igraphyx for the post.