Skip navigation

Optical Flow Analysis not working in Mountain Lion 10.8

308 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2012 1:22 AM by ralejo RSS
ralejo Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 4, 2012 11:10 AM

I upgraded to Mountain Lion and now whenever I select Optical Flow for retiming it quickly analyses the clip and just applies the Frame Blending effect.  I've upgraged to 10.8.1, Final Cut Pro X is completely updated, I've tried starting a new project and importing brand new clips...none of this is working.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  Thanks in advance.

- Ray

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion, 2011 Macbook Pro
  • igraphyx Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

This problem has also crippled my normal workflow for the past few months, but thankfully I think it's been fixed. I ran the latest OSX software update 3 or 4 days ago (I think it's at 10.8.2 now), but was relulcant to check if optical flow was fixed because the notes about the update mentioned nothing about it. Yesterday, however, I dared to try using Optical flow on a clip just to humour myself, but it worked! Try running Software Update and see if that works for you.

I'm still a little upset though that thoughout the past few months where FCPX users on Mountain Lion complained about this problem, Apple never said a word about acknowledging the issue, that a fix was on the way, or announced that the issue was fixed. I for one sent about 5 feedback bug reports every 2 weeks about the problem and never received a single response.

• Karsten Schlüter Level 7 Level 7 (29,450 points)

ralejo wrote:

.   Does anyone have a solution for this? …

it looks like, OF works only with Optimised Media.

if I remember correctly, with OS10.7 it was possible to use 'straight from cam ACVCHD' too ....

but I'm not sure, if I used that workflow. <scratching head>

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.